I got an email from "M's" caseworker. You all remember this boy?
They were going to place him with his not-so-fit (in my opinion) Biological Aunt and Uncle. Well something is up....
The email stated that he was going to be reevaluated by his doc. They were waiting for results of that. She was torn about his case. The home environment that would best suit his needs...or biological family. The caseworker asked that Andy and I "keep in touch".
Just another ploy to hook us. Will we be thrown back? How many chances are they going to give this family before they decide it is not right?
We have sent out queries on 5 other children. None of which happen to be in Maine.
One was sent to a "match meeting". We bowed out after a lot of consideration. This child should be the youngest. He was very jealous and needy (I would be as well, if I walked in his shoes), and wouldn't work well with 2 younger siblings. Especially a 10 month old.
I am surprised any children actually get adopted. There seems to be a never ending line of hoops to jump through. A lot of paper work to wade through...and bureaucracy.
Still there are those of us who keep plugging away. Muddling through. Hoping that someday we will be given the chance. The chance to love a child in need, and perhaps make a difference.
counseling visit #2
20 hours ago