Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hump Day Grumps!



So it is officially mid-week.

Hump Day, and I have the grumps.

I haven't heard a word about our carrot top. I was told that I would have more info by "mid-week". Now, I am not so naive to think that our boy is the only boy on this SW's case load. I know how over worked and underpaid she is. Andy-The-Great and I have been waiting and wading through all the bureaucratic sludge for a year now. I am anxious to see the light at the end.

I was also told that my Ex husband would not be doing anything for my 15 year old's birthday this weekend. He said that she is to busy. WHAT?!? In what world is handing your child a card and some cash acceptable? So, I am scampering to throw together a Rock-Band fest on Friday night for a bunch of teen-agers. I must be nuts!!! Saturday we are taking her to see SWEENEY TODD at the Portland Players. I think that Andy and I will love it as much as she will. We are getting a sitter and going out like real adults do (or so I am told). At least I am making sure that it doesn't go unnoticed.

Finally, why is it that the last two nights in a row, my youngest children think that 2:30 in the morning is "get up time"? If it is dark...WE SLEEP!!! There is not enough coffee in the world to help me.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I feel your pain.

Eva Carper said...

The pic of the chicken is absolutely hilarious! I'm sorry I don't have anything else to add :)