Thursday, December 4, 2008

5th grade Math

When did 5th grade math become so hard!

Geesh!

I am here helping 3 of my daycare cherubs with math (never been my strongest subject). Man!

They want three examples of how they find the answer to each problem.

Three.

I am having difficulty finding one. That is even with the help of my daughter's $60 calculator. I try my best to look moderately intelligent. After all, they look up to me, right? I have a feeling that they can see right through my bluff. Funny, I am not very good at poker either.

I wish that I had paid more attention in school.

I was way more concerned with who was sitting next to me in my classes...what party I would attend that Saturday...or who I would be going to prom with.

Now, I am a thirty-something year old woman. Sitting in my slippers and clearance rack sweat pants. Dried spit up on my shoulder. Old snot rags in my pocket.

I am sitting next to a 5th grade boy eating a donut hole..and two girls with braces...and a date with my husband (the hottest boy on the block) planned for Saturday...and I still suck at math!

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll take you to the prom, baby!

And afterwards, maybe we can, um, you know, like, do our own math

:-)

Corrine said...

ABSOLUTLY!

Lisa said...

I still suck at math too. Forget
5th grade...I'm struggling with 2nd. Thanks to Books and Bairns blog I found out about www.time4learning.com. It can be used a full homeschool curriculum or as an extra study program for afterschool. J LOVES it and I don't have to teach Geometry. The online program does it all and makes it fun. Yeah me! You can do a 14 day free trial which is what we are doing now. She has "gone" to school for 9 hours 2 days in a row. She is so into it!

Lisa said...

Oh yeah...and the message from your hubby was the sweetest thing ever!